Friday, July 30, 2010

Homemade trailer, baby!

Since graduating last Friday, I have been eager to clean house. I normally take junk to the dump myself. I decided to call Paynes Waste Removal to order a 12 yard dumpster. Lots to remove from our property; doors, a couch, remnants of house projects, etc.. The dumpster rental was almost $400, not including weight, tax and service charges.

I purchased an old 5'x9' trailer a few years back. The walls and floor were rotted and the lights no longer worked. Rather than shell out money for a one-time removal, I decided to rebuild the old trailer. It took four days of work and @$350. I stripped the trailer down to the frame, scraped and repainted, rewired with all new lights and electrical, resurfaced the trailer and built new post walls with treated lumber (the walls come off).

My final addition will be a bumper sticker that reads, "YES this is my truck and trailer, NO I can't help you move." :)










No comments:

Post a Comment