Thursday, July 22, 2010

Homeless Hero Illustration

Well, second time attempting to Blog. Actually, I am rather excited at the new possibilities. Setting up this Blog is part of a larger plan to utilize new technology. My traditional sensibilities as a painter and draftsman are slowly transitioning into digital media. Nancy Stahl and Zina Saunders patiently helped guide this...my first fully realized digital painting without relying on hand-drawing line work. Creating a Blog, using programs like Painter, Illustrator and Photoshop are profound steps (especially as an educator).

I was truly touched by the story of Gustus Bozarth, a homeless man. The story made national news; surveillance capturing a man folding a flag military style that fell during a storm. A simple act of patriotism by an unlikely samaritan.

I graduate tomorrow with my MFA from the Hartford Art School! My goal for this degree was to embrace technology and find ways to lend my sensibilities to something scary and new.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Jim! Welcome to the world of digital art! You're already better than most of us at it. :)

    ReplyDelete